Friday, August 28, 2009

Some great days

Hi:

Writing this on Friday afternoon August 28.

It has been another one of those days. Cribbage with Chris from 10:00 AM to noon, lunch at the International Restaurant and Tuba Museum in Okemos with Marian, Michele and Joe. Got back around 2:30 and we are now waiting for the arrival of the dietician and my newly assigned nurse, Stacy. My days go by fast with all of these activities.

Here is a bright sign, I ran a peanut budder experiment this morning, about 9 o’clock, to see if my stomach would take a few teaspoons of that stuff with minimum negative effects (every thing that goes in produces some untoward effect so it is a matter of degree.) I had several teaspoons full over a period of an hour or so. As of 3:20 I have had no gastric effects to speak of. But I can tell you the budder works. I am using creamy so I do not have to worry about the nuts in the crunchy. Made the stuff myself yesterday.

Have had almost 48 hours of discomfort free experience, and I wonder what is going on. No gas pains in days. I use the new found freedom to go places with Joe, Michele and Marian and working on baking and other herbal products. Even got some stuff in the mail to Marty and science magazines to Steve.

Still having drainage problems with my feeding tube, but nurse Marian makes quick bandage changes.

In spite of the setbacks earlier in the week, the last half of the week has been great. Hope it holds out over the weekend and beyond.

The nurse and nutritionist were here. I am in good shape, still leak a bit, but nothing to worry about. I will be getting a new high fiber diet for my feeding tube next week to see if that will improve my quality of life. Great folks these hospice people, what they want is what is most comfortable for you.

Got to go. Bye for now

Bob


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week, Bob. And good news on the peanut butter -- that's one of the four main food groups, right? :)

    ReplyDelete